- 1-16 oz. can of black beans
- 2 slices of cooked bacon
- 3 tbsp The Safety
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
- Drain the black beans into a colander and rinse thoroughly. Set aside.
- Cut the cooked bacon into small strips, about 1 inch wide. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a warm pan over medium-high heat.
- After about 1 minute, add the black beans and sauté for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add half of the black beans, half of The Safety and half of the bacon to a food processor and blend into a paste. Repeat with the other half of the black beans, The Safety and bacon.
- Toast the bread to a medium darkness.
- Spread the bean paste evenly on the toast and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over each piece.
- Serve hot.
- Medium skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Dry measuring spoons
- Food processor