- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick grits
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups shrimp, washed and peeled
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp The Safety
- Cut each shrimp in half and set aside.
- Pour water and milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the grits and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. The grits should be simmering as they cook, not boiling.
- When the grits have finished cooking, immediately add the cheese and The Safety. Stir to combine and set aside.
- While the grits are cooking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir to coat in the melted butter.
- Cook the shrimp over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and add the salt and lime juice.
- To plate, add the grits to a bowl and spoon the shrimp over the top.
- Serve hot.
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Silicone Spatula
- Sharp knife
- Dry measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cups