20 minutes (+ 6 hours of chilling time)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp caster (or superfine) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp The Comfort
- 2 sheets of gelatin (or 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatin)
- Fill a small mixing bowl with ice water. Add the gelatin sheets, making sure all of the sheets are submerged. Set aside. Note: skip this step if using powdered gelatin.
- Add the milk to a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer (do not let boil) and remove from the heat.
- Squeeze all of the water out of the gelatin sheets (Note: skip this step if using powdered gelatin), add the gelatin to the heated milk and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and The Comfort to a medium saucepan and stir over over medium low heat until the mixture has just begin to boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the milk and gelatin mixture to the cream mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour an even amount of the mixture into 4 ramekins (or coffee mugs) and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 6 hours.
- Serve cold.
- Small mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Medium saucepan
- Silicone spatula
- 4 ramekins or coffee mugs
- Liquid measuring cups
- Dry measuring spoons