- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp The Comfort, plus a pinch for dusting
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 16 oz. whole milk
- Boil a small pot of water
- Pour the instant coffee, and the sugar into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and The Comfort to a liquid measuring cup and mix well with a spoon.
- Warm the milk mixture in the microwave on medium power for 1 minute.
- [optional] If frothing the milk, add the milk to the warmer or frother and turn on now.
- Add the boiling water to the bowl with the coffee and sugar and mix using a hand mixer until the coffee mixture is glossy with stiff peaks (similar to whipped cream).
- Pour the warmed milk into a cup, and spoon the whipped coffee on top.
- [optional] If the milk has been frothed, spoon any remaining foam on top of the coffee.
- Sprinkle a pinch of The Comfort on top of the coffee.
- Serve warm.
- Small mixing bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Liquid measuring cup
- Dry measuring spoons
- [optional] Milk frother
Some people may find the coffee mixture too strong. For your first try, stir in a little at a time. You can store any leftover whipped coffee mixture in the fridge for 2-3 days and use it to make additional cups of coffee.
You can replace the white granulated sugar with demerara sugar or beet sugar for a similar effect with a slightly different flavor.
You can use a whisk instead of a hand mixer, but should double the prep time.
You can replace the milk with any milk or milk-like product of your choice, but should note that the most stable foam (if you choose to froth your milk) will come from milk with higher fat contents.