- 9 strips of bacon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp The Mother-In-Law
- 1tsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 beefsteak tomato
- 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- [Optional] If using a cooling rack, place the rack in the baking sheet.
- Lay the bacon on the baking sheet (or cooling rack), taking care to avoid having the strips touch one another.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, wash the tomato, and lettuce thoroughly.
- Slice the tomato in half and then cut each half into even slices about 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- Cut the lettuce into strips that are about 1 inch wide and no longer than the bread you are using. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop into a small mixing bowl
- Mash the avocado with the back of a spoon or fork until it resembles a paste. Add The Mother-In-Law, the lime juice and mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Spread an even amount of the avocado mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
- Layer each sandwich bread-bacon-lettuce-tomato-bread
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Wax paper (or silicone baking mat)
- Dry measuring spoons
- [Optional] Cooling rack for sheet pan