1 hour, 20 minutes
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour - 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup The Comfort
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder - 1/2 tsp baking soda - 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- [Optional-if not using liners] nonstick cooking spray
- Make sure your bananas are smashed to the consistency of runny oatmeal. They need to be properly mashed to insure they can be evenly incorporated into the batter.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (other than the banana) to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated
- Fold the banana into the mix last, and stir until just incorporated.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees
- Fill each well in the muffin pan with a liner or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin well to 2/3 full, and place muffin pan in the oven (on the middle rack) for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, turn heat down (without opening the oven door) to 350 degrees and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the center most muffin in the pan comes out clean.
- Serve at room temperature.
Best Enjoyed With
- A cold glass of milk
- A hot cup of coffee
- Large mixing bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Dry measuring spoons
- Dry measuring cups
- Muffin pan
- [Optional] Muffin liners