- 1 10 oz. container of pitted Deglet Noor dates
- 10 strips of bacon
- 2 tbsp The Safety
- [optional] 1 oz. smoked gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wrap each date in just enough bacon to overlap slightly. Use Scissors to cut the bacon after each date is wrapped. A typical slice of bacon should be able to wrap 4 dates.
- Place each wrapped date on a lined cookie sheet seam down, making sure to not let any wrapped dates touch.
- Sprinkle The Safety over the wrapped dates and place into the oven. Roast until the bacon is crispy, about 18-20 minutes.
- [Optional] Cut the Gouda into thin slices rectangular slices slightly larger than the wrapped dates. Lay the gouda slices over each wrapped date and place back in the oven until the cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature
- Baking Sheet
- [Optional] Silicone Baking Sheet
- [Optional] Sharp Knife
- Dry measuring spoons