- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 rectangular slice of multigrain bread (preferably Dave's Killer Bread or Brownberry)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp The Safety
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tbsp of lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- [Optional] alfalfa sprouts OR crumbled bacon
- Mash the avocado in a small mixing bowl using a fork. Once the avocado is mashed to a spreadable consistency, add the lime juice, salt, 2 tsp of The Safety and 2 tsp of the cotija cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Place the bread in a toaster on the medium-high setting. We want some nice color on the bread, but should avoid burning it.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet (or saucepan) over medium-low heat. Once the butter is fully melted, crack both eggs and add them to the skillet. Be careful not to break the yolks. Cover the skillet with its lid and let cook on medium-low heat until the egg whites have full cooked, but the yolks are still runny (about 5-6 minutes).
- When the toast is done, spread the avocado mixture over the toast. There should be a thick layer of avocado mixture on the toast - this will really help delivered a good layer of flavor in each bite.
- [Optional] Cover the top of the avocado toast with a thin layer of either alfalfa sprouts OR bacon for an additional flavor and textural component.
- When the egg is done, use the spatula to gently slide it out of the pan and right on top of the avocado toast.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp of The Safety and 1tsp of cotija cheese on top of the finished dish.
- Serve hot.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Dry measuring spoons
- Medium skillet or saucepan with lid
- Small mixing bowl